Golf course re-opening
Dear member Firstly, we must say a big thank you to every member for remaining patient whilst we put together our plan for your safe return to golf. Throughout the past few days there have been many rumours around how we may be returning to golf but as a board we felt the need to consider all of the relevant information before making any final decisions. After analysing the latest information from England Golf, we are pleased to announce that our golf club will be re-open on Wednesday 13th May 2020. To protect all members we have put together a comprehensive list of rules which are attached to this email. These rules will be reviewed on a regular basis to reflect the changing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic so please take the time to read through them carefully. Our BRS booking system will re-open on Tuesday 12th May 2020 at 12 o’clock with all previous bookings being cleared to give everyone a fair chance to book. Finally could we ask that if anyone knows of a member who doesn’t receive emails to please pass this information onto them in whatever way they can. Thanks again for your patience Kind regards The HGC Board
Journey back to golf
The great news is that we are allowed back onto the golf course but, in the short term, this will not be golf as we know it. So we have prepared a “Back To Golf” guideline to help make your return to golf as safe as possible.
If any members are suffering from a cold or any Covid symptoms please stay away from the course.
Booking a tee time
- BRS has been set-up to allow two balls only to play. This will be under constant review. - Tee times must be booked online only or by calling the pro shop. Bookings will be made available for 7 days in advance and PlayMoreGolf members will have a 3 day booking window. - There will be no golf for any member who just turns up at the golf club at any point during the day. - Tee times will be made available in 8 minute slots. - To give everybody a fair chance to play we are restricting all members to a maximum of three games during the week including only one game at the weekend (this will be analysed over the initial booking period). - As we are expecting large numbers we encourage retired/furloughed workers to consider playing mid-week and allow workers to play at the weekend. - There will be no fiddle bookings or visitors.
- Ladies will continue to benefit from reserved tee times on Tuesday mornings. If these times are not taken they will be offered to the rest of the membership on Monday at 6pm.
Arriving at the course
- All members must remain in their cars until 10 minutes prior to their tee time. - To restrict the number of people using the locker room and trolley store we urge all members to take their golf equipment home with them. - A maximum of one person at a time in the toilets. - Our practice ground will be closed until further notice. - The warm-up nets and putting green will be closed until further notice. - Buggy hire will be available at a reduced rate (1 person only per buggy except if from the same household) and must be sanitised by the golfer upon returning the buggy. - The pro shop will be open on a limited basis with two customers allowed in at one time. - A one way walking system around the clubhouse will be clearly marked.
During the round
- All rakes will be removed from bunkers. Please rake the bunkers as best you can with your feet (placing is acceptable). - Flagsticks to remain in the holes at all times and must not be touched. - A special hole liner has been inserted into each hole to ensure the ball does not drop below the level of the putting surface. Please ensure you do not touch the flagstick or hole cup when retrieving your ball.
- All golfers to remain at least two metres apart at all times during the round. - Please do not touch a golf ball that is not yours. - No competitions will be organised (within the next few weeks) and any competitions between friends are suggested to be done remotely. - Scorecards will not be available until further notice. - Course marshalling will take place to ensure all social distancing rules are being adhered to.
- Playing through the group in-front of you is prohibited. A round should last no longer than 3 hours. - All play must commence from the 1st tee only.
- Any member not adhering to any of the rules in this document will be subject to disciplinary proceedings from the board.
After the round
- All golfers must exit the course behind the pro shop. - The shoe cleaning area will be closed. - There will be no gathering around the clubhouse area. Upon completion of their round all golfers must leave the golf club.
The Pro Shop
- The opening hours will be advertised through email and signage around the club. - A maximum of two members in the shop at once. - Transactions to be by card or account only. - The pro shop team will have access to PPE including masks, gloves and sanitiser spray and wipes. - Club fittings to be by appointment only.
- Golf lessons to be outside only and must be pre-booked.
- Until further notice the clubhouse bar area will be closed