Journey back to golf
After the latest government announcements regarding Covid-19 we have adjusted our “Back To Golf” guidelines to reflect our clubhouse opening and competitions being re-introduced. Please read the below before visiting the club.
If any members are suffering from a cold or any Covid symptoms please stay away from the course.
Booking a tee time
- BRS has been set-up to allow fourballs and the two week booking window has been restored.
- Any highly vulnerable members will be allowed to lay in two-balls and will have the other two spac- es reserved
- - There will be no golf for any member who just turns up at the golf club at any point during the day.
- Tee times will be made available in 8 minute slots.
- Fiddle tee times will be restored from the w/c 6th July
Arriving at the course
- All members must remain in their cars until 10 minutes prior to their tee time.
- To restrict the number of people using the locker room and trolley store we urge all members to take their golf equipment home with them.
- A maximum of one person at a time in the toilets.
- Our practice ground will be open but must be used to warm-up only. A maximum of 7 people on
the range at once with a maximum of two people on the chipping green.
- The warm-up nets are now open but members must use their own balls, please do not leave your
golf balls after use.
- Buggy hire will be available at a reduced rate (1 person only per buggy except if from the same household) and must be sanitised by the golfer upon returning the buggy.
- The pro shop will be open with a maximum of two customers allowed in at any one time. - A one way walking system around the clubhouse will be clearly marked.
In the clubhouse
- Please ensure you provide a member of staff with your contact details. These will be kept on rec- ord for 21 days as per government guidelines
- Our clubhouse will be operating on reduced capacity to ensure we adhere to strict social distanc- ing guidelines. Please be aware that, if we are at capacity, you may be turned away.
- We are accepting card payments only
- Our staff will be operating a table service only so please do not wait to be served at the bar area. - Please adhere to all hygiene and social distancing signage within the clubhouse
During the round
- All rakes will be removed from bunkers. Please rake the bunkers as best you can with your feet
(placing is acceptable but during competition there should be no smoothing of the sand prior to placing). - Flagsticks to remain in the holes at all times and must not be touched.
- A special hole base has been inserted into each hole with a special handle for lifting your ball out of the hole. Please do not touch the handle with anything other than your putter head/shaft.
- All golfers to remain at least two metres apart at all times during the round.
- Please do not touch a golf ball that is not yours.
- Competitions will be held but only one scorecard to be used per group with a nominated scorer filling in
the gross scores of each player and entering the group card into the computer system.
- Until further notice no prize presentations will take place. All event winners will be notified via email. - Course marshalling will take place to ensure all social distancing rules are being adhered to.
- Playing through the group in-front should be avoided but where necessary please ensure all social dis- tancing measures are adhered to.
- All play must commence from the 1st tee only.
- Any member not adhering to any of the rules in this document will be subject to disciplinary proceedings from the board.
After the round
- All golfers must exit the course behind the pro shop.
- The shoe cleaning area will be closed.
- Anyone wishing to visit the bar/clubhouse area after play must adhere to the above guidelines
The Pro Shop
- The opening hours will be advertised through email and signage around the club.
- A maximum of two members in the shop at once.
- Transactions to be by card or account only.
- The pro shop team will have access to PPE including masks, gloves and sanitiser spray and wipes. - Club fittings to be by appointment only.
- Golf lessons to be outside only and must be pre-booked.
Welcome to Hillsborough Golf Club
Founded in 1920, Hillsborough Golf Club is celebrating its Centenary Year. Renowned as being one of the best golfing venues in the North of England and set in the beautiful hills of Sheffield, the course gives some truly fantastic and panoramic views over the Steel City and surrounding countryside.
Our clubhouse offers a friendly atmosphere with seating inside and out looking over the 1st tee. Catering and refreshments are available before and after your round; perfect for a quick bite, Sunday lunch or fine dining.
Facilities are available for functions, weddings and special occasions for up to 120 guests.
Latest updates from Hillsborough Golf Club
Captain's Weekly Draw - Find the Joker (Suspended)
52 Cards & 1 Joker have been placed face down in a cabinet (Random and Unseen). A weekly draw winner will win the weekly prize plus have the opportunity to "Simply find the joker" to win the rolling jackpot.
The prize money will be allocated as follows;
one third to the weekly winner,
one third to the rolling jackpot which will increase each week until it is won
one third to club fund raising.
For more information click here
Weekly Draw News
A total of £171 raised - £57 weekly prize , £57 Jackpot , £57 Club Fund Raising
Weekly Prize - CONGRATULATIONS - Sam Chatterton who wins the weekly prize £57
Jackpot Prize - Jackpot NOT won and therefore jackpot carries forward to next week
Jackpot Total : £370